I don’t remember how I came up with this idea. I know there are probably companies that do puzzles professionally, but like I said before, I think doing it yourself makes it a labor of love. This makes for a great gift for a monthaversary or just because. At the end of this post there are instructions for making your own. So I made my boyfriend this puzzle and a card. On the inside of the card I put a quote by Cummings. I looooove the quote, it really resonated with me .
We fit together so well…it’s like pieces of a puzzle, the way your hand fits the curve of my hip and the way my head rests on your shoulder, the way our hands just melt into one, and the way I feel complete when I’m with you…like the picture’s finally completed and I’ll never have to wonder what I’m missing. –EE Cummings
Here he is trying to put the puzzle together. The colors in the picture made it really hard to put together, but we did it together ❤
Along with the puzzle, I gave him this card. Here are some other versions of this card on Etsy.
- glue stick
- clear tape (not the regular one, the packing kind)
- cereal box
- scissors or exacto-knife
- puzzle pieces template (or free-hand it if you’re artistic)
Here are instructions on how to create your own love puzzle:
- Pick the picture you want
- I had a 8×11 picture printed at Walgreens (its cheap, easy, and fast)
- I glued it to a cereal box (on the picture side so the brown side is the back of the puzzle)
- I used clear thick tape to make the puzzle shiny
- I used this template to create the puzzle outline. I traced the puzzle pieces on the back, then cut the picture